Great potential. Love the atmosphere and feel. Amazing work :)
A downloadable Reflection for Windows and macOS
Follow the story of Millie as she returns to her childhood home after the passing of her mother.
When she enters the master bedroom of her parents to start cleaning, Millie discovers the door has been locked behind her. In order to leave, Millie must relive the memories and childhood trauma that happened within her family.
Only through the process of self-reflection can Millie truly escape the bounds her family placed on her, come to terms with her grief and leave her past behind.
The controls of Reflection are very simple, it plays like your normal first-person game,
- WASD to move Millie around
- F to inspect or interact with your surroundings. Also, to skip dialogue
- E to pick up and use items
- R to reflect through mirrors
- SHIFT to hold to see the inventory, scroll up and down to cycle items
- TAB to toggle viewing the journal
- ESC to pause the game and see options
The player's main tool to their disposal will be to travel through mirrors, seeing the same room they are in but 20 years in the past. For this, the player can:
- See a mirror that shows a reflection in the past.
- The player will be prompted to "visit" the past when near a mirror.
- Then, they will be transported to the mirror world.
Audio (UofT Music) - Aidan Mcconnell, and Heeyun (Briana) Lee
Voice Actors - Briana Lee as Millie, Arohan Dutta as David, Emma Westecott as Constance, and Jaden Wan as Johnson.
And our lovely playtesters <3
Thank you for reading and please see below for progress updates!
Download the game by clicking on the download button.
Locate the downloaded .zip file and extract the contents to a folder of your choosing.
Now simply go into your newly extracted folder and run the Reflection.exe file.
The game should now open and run, full-screened. Enjoy!
- (Week 12) Final Build - The EndApr 23, 2022
- (Week 11) RefinementsApr 19, 2022
- (Week 10) Level Up Showcase + RefinementsApr 05, 2022
- (Week 9) Beta ReleaseMar 27, 2022
- (Week 8) Feedback Adjusted BuildMar 20, 2022
- (Week 7) Play Testing Play Testing Play TestingMar 15, 2022
- (Week 6) Alpha PrototypeMar 07, 2022
- (Week 5) Progress UpdateFeb 28, 2022